If you own or live in a home, most likely you have gutters and need to make sure that you clean them regularly. Rain cutters protect your landscape plantings, siding and foundation.
Here is some information about cleaning your gutters and simple steps to tackle the job:
Plan on thoroughly cleaning your home’s gutters every spring and fall or after a big storm.
Your gutter and downspouts can have debris and leaves that build up and cause water damage to your fascia (board behind gutter) and roof. If the water pours over your gutter it can damage your home’s foundation, basement or crawlspace.
1. Dress comfortably and wear a long-sleeved shirt. You can wear rubber gloves.
2. Protect your green lawn by using a tarp to dump the debris and leaves on. Plus, it makes it easier to dispose. Or, if you don’t want to use a tarp, use a bucket to put the debris and leaves in.
3. Use a reliable extendable ladder with the ladder “horns” to keep the ladder from damaging the gutter.
4. Instead of using your hands, but a gutter scoop from the hardware store.
5. Use a garden hose to flush the gutters and downspouts after you have removed all the debris and leaves out. Look for any leaks.
If you don’t mind paying an arm and a leg, you can install gutter covers. They come in mesh screens, clip-on grates, or porous foam. Covers need maintenance too to keep them clear.
A splash block keeps water from coming out of the downspouts away from your home’s foundation. It is a very important element. It also keeps you from digging a trench next to the house.
No. 1 Home Roofing is a family owned and operated roofing company conveniently located on US Highway 19 in Palm Harbor, Florida. We are dedicated to providing top quality workmanship and materials to ensure that your new roof is done right. We specialize in shingle, tile, and flat roof installation, repairs, and maintenance. Contact us for an appointment and/or estimate at 727-781-7663.